Saturday, June 20, 2009

Thinking of Larry

I have been pondering something Larry said to me in the car en route to the airport. He said he thought that if people were giving the choice of being born, living life, and then dying, no one would do it. Life is too hard and too difficult. So many things can go wrong. Suffering ensues. (This was my sense of the why he was giving...) I disagreed and then related my response to my intended journey into Addis. I felt there was much that could go wrong, but even if it did, I would manage and be fine. I would learn from that experience, grow from it, LIVE!! Larry was trying to convince me not to leave the airport.

So, I am curious, blog readers. What would you do? If given the choice, would you live this life? Would you have left the airport in Addis Ababa?

No comments: