Saturday, June 20, 2009

Rome Day Two-it is hard work being on so much vacation!!

More of the same of today. I walked everywhere, saw everything!! I got lost a lot and then found a lot. I am entertained by the people here. We all seem to be tourist. Everyone seems to be walking around, map in hand. No one offers anyone else help with directions since none of us seem to know. I met several lovely people today as we traded looks at maps and have taken each other's photographs in front of various famous sites.

I keep thinking of my friends in the US who are on their way here-how there day is being sent preparing for their journeys. I am sending prayers and wishes for safe journeys and travels.

I also have been thinking much about my friends and family back home. Next time, I hope to come with others. And, at the same time, as I listen to families and couples have various arguments about where to go next, how to get there, or just the frustrations of travel, I think...wow, I really love wandering about on my own. I get to ho when I want, at the pace I want, where I want in any direction I choose.

I am having too much fun-sometimes spinning in circles, sometimes standing for a long time staring down at a map, up at a street sign, down at the map, back up at the street sign, down...up...down..up...trying desperately to make sense of the conflicting pieces of information. I love it. If only I had a compass!! Navigating Rome is like playing a great game!! I love it.

The plan for the evening/afternoon is to head south on the train to a 6-story tall market and culinary delight. Rachael the foodie has taken over and Rachael the justice seeker is taking abreak for some gelato.

No comments: