Thursday, July 9, 2009

Why I think Jews are natural organizers

It’s funny…that reminds me of a story. What more Jewish words (other than pass the lox and bagel platter) are ever uttered? We are story tellers. We relate to the world through a good tale. Hassidic tales, talking with our hands, the Torah (come on, everyone’s favorite parts are Genesis and Exodus because those are some good stories)
Community organizing is all about telling stories. Tell me a story which shows any of the following…What keeps you up at night? What motivates you? What is your vision? Who inspires you? Who do you inspire? Who/what (people as well as beliefs) do you care about? Who or what cares about you? Why do you care? How far are you willing to go?
I invite you-tell me your story. Choose a question and answer it…coming soon, some stories of my own….

No comments: